Marc Parés is Professor of Geography at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB Geography Department) and head of the Research Group on Urban Governance, Commons, Internet & Social innovation (URGOCIS) at the Institute for Government and Public Policies (IGOP). In April 2019, he became a Member of the Catalan Parliament and he is currently in leave of absence at the University.
- Yes We Rent! (LLOGUEM!)
- Commons co-production and territorial development in the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (Report)
- Housing coproduction and participatory management: social initiatives, community capacities and public policies (COPHAB)
- Local Resilience Capacity Building for Flood Mitigation (CAPFLO Practical Guidelines)
- Social Innovation against the Crisis: how leadership practices and civic capacity improve neighbourhood development (SOCRISIS Book)
- Parés, M. 2019. Socially innovative housing activism: local context and collective leadership practices in Barcelona and NYC. Housing Studies 34 (10): 1654-1672.
- Parés, M.; Ospina, S. and Subirats, J. 2017. Social Innovation and Democratic Leadership: communities and social change from below. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Parés, M.; Blanco, I.; Fernández, C. 2018. “Facing the great recession in deprived urban areas: how civic capacity contributes to neighborhood resilience” City & Community 17 (1): 65-86.
- Eizaguirre, S.; Parés, M. 2018. “Communities making social change from below. Social innovation and democratic leadership in two disenfranchised neighbourhoods in Barcelona” Urban Research and Practice.
- Parés, M.; Boada, J.; Canal, R.; Hernando, E.; martínez, R. 2017. “Challenging collaborative urban governance under austerity: How local governments and social organizations deal with housing policy in Catalonia (Spain)” Journal of Urban Affairs 39 (8): 1066-1084.
- Parés, M.; Brugué, Q.; Espluga, J.; Miralles, J.; Ballester, A. 2015. “Strengths and weaknesses of deliberation on river basin management planning: analysing the Water Framework Directive implementation in Catalonia (Spain)” Environmental Policy and Governance 25 (2): 97-110.
- Parés, M.; Martí-Costa, M.; Blanco, I. 2014. “Geographies of governance: how place matters in urban regeneration policies” Urban Studies 51 (15): 3250-3267.
- Parés, M.; March, H.; Saurí, D. 2013. “Atlantic gardens in Mediterranean climates. Understanding the production of suburban natures in Barcelona” International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 37 (1): 328-347.
- Parés, M.; Martí-Costa, M; Bonet-Martí, J. 2012. “Does participation really matter in urban regeneration policies? Exploring governance networks in Catalonia (Spain)” Urban Affairs Review 42 (2): 238-271.
Visiting Scholar at the Planning & Development Unit, KU Leuven (May – August 2016)