Marc Parés is Professor of Geography at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB Geography Department) and head of the Research Group on Urban Governance, Commons, Internet & Social innovation (URGOCIS) at the Institute for Government and Public Policy (IGOP).
- Housing coproduction and participatory management: social initiatives, community capacities and public policies (COPHAB)
- Local Resilience Capacity Building for Flood Mitigation (CAPFLO)
- Social Innovation against the Crisis: how leadership practices and civic capacity improve neighbourhood development (SOCRISIS)
- Parés, M.; Ospina, S. and Subirats, J. 2017. Social Innovation and Democratic Leadership: communities and social change from below. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Parés, M.; Boada, J.; Canal, R.; Hernando, E.; martínez, R. 2017. “Challenging collaborative urban governance under austerity: How local governments and social organizations deal with housing policy in Catalonia (Spain)” Journal of Urban Affairs.
- Parés, M.; Brugué, Q.; Espluga, J.; Miralles, J.; Ballester, A. 2015. “Strengths and weaknesses of deliberation on river basin management planning: analysing the Water Framework Directive implementation in Catalonia (Spain)” Environmental Policy and Governance Vol. 25, Núm. 2: 97-110.
- Parés, M.; Martí-Costa, M.; Blanco, I. 2014. “Geographies of governance: how place matters in urban regeneration policies” Urban Studies Vol. 51, Núm. 15: 3250-3267.
- Parés, M.; March, H.; Saurí, D. 2013. “Atlantic gardens in Mediterranean climates. Understanding the production of suburban natures in Barcelona” International Journal of Urban and Regional Research Vol. 37, Núm. 1: 328-347.
- Parés, M.; Martí-Costa, M; Bonet-Martí, J. 2012. “Does participation really matter in urban regeneration policies? Exploring governance networks in Catalonia (Spain)” Urban Affairs Review Vol. 42, Núm. 2: 238-271.
Visiting Scholar at the Planning & Development Unit, Department of Architecture, KU Leuven (May – August 2016)